Saturday, October 14, 2006

Typing one-handed is going to be more difficult than I thought.

Today (despite it being half two in the morning I'm still counting this as Friday) is Friday 13th. Today was the premiere of Promised Land, the opera I'm in. Today I went around backstage annoying all the superstitious people by wishing them good luck and shouting Macbeth at them.

Today was NOT a good day for tempting fate.

I'm now sat at my laptop wish my arm in a sling and my wrist in a cast, having slipped in the wing during the performance and hurt my wrist. It looks worse than it is, though - despite my arm being plastered, I've only received a hairline fracture to one of the smaller wrist bones. It's not really even enough to deserve a cast IMO, but then I'm not the one with the medical degree.

Oh well. At least I don't sing with my arm. I won't be able to do the riot police scene properly either, as the cast is on the left arm which is the arm that holds the shield, but I might see if I can sneak in the back with my big stick. I don't want to miss out because of a silly thing like a cast.

And at least I get to sue the Marlowe. Or at least threaten to sue. Either way, I'm going to get freebies.