Sunday, January 28, 2007

Woe. Too much work and not enough time, evidence or essays to critique. You would think that there would be a relatively large amount of stuff on the Internet or in the library about the conventions of Restoration Comedy. I mean, conventions. Stock things that every Restoration Comedy has. I can list you some conventions of Shakespearean plays - the disguised ruler, the fool, the intelligent female. So why can you not find ANYTHING on Restoration Comedy?! Gah.

My problem at the moment is I just don't see the point of it. Why research something if there's actually nothing you can research? 'The Rover' is not only a mediocre play at best, it's also pitifully written about. If anything is written about it, it's written about the playwright Aphra Behn, who was one of the first successful female playwrights. Nothing seems to be written about it in comparison to other Restoration Comedies. Gah.

In other news, it's Boy's 21st birthday today. We went to The Venue last night (Pirates vs Ninjas night) and had some drinks, went back to his house for 2am pizza and coke, went to town today for a roast dinner at Wetherspoons, and later on I'm going back to his for cake. Mmm.

For some reason, I have nothing much else to report. I appear to be in intellectual and imaginitive stalemate. Damn.