Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I had a good weekend. I was spontaneous, I went to the most amazingest restaurant EVAH and I found out details for Murray Gold's upcoming album. But more on that later. First - the SPONTANEITY!

While I was in town on saturday, I started thinking about how boring my hair is. So I wandered around, checking prices and times, and managed to get my hair cut that very day for £20. I also decided to do what I'd wanted to do for MONTHS and dye some of my hair purple. Again, after traipsing round town, I found the perfect colour in Superdrug for £3. Bargain!

Then on sunday, me and The Boy went to Bytes. Bytes is a restaurant with TOUCH. SCREEN. MENUS. How cool is that?! The only time the waitresses are involved are when they bring you the food and take the empty plates away. It's genius! You press a button on the screen, and a little while later your food magically arrives! I felt like Dylan Moran - "You press the button with the picture of the food, and he ARRIVES WITH A SANDWICH! And you think 'Yes! Yes! Yes! I control SANDWICH MONKEY! I live in magic land, magic land, magic land ...'"

And now for something completely different.

MURRAY GOLD'S LONG-AWAITED 'DOCTOR WHO' ALBUM!

"In what will be music to the ears of many, we can finally reveal initial details of the upcoming Doctor Who soundtrack album.
Released by Silva Screen Records on 04 December 2006, the album will feature Murray Gold's version of the Doctor Who theme, plus many of his various incidental scores from Series 1 and 2.
The Divine Comedy's Neil Hannon contributes a version of Song for Ten (from last year's Christmas special) and Love Don't Roam, which will feature in the Runaway Bride.
Also included is the much-requested Doomsday - the song that played during Rose's trip to Bad Wolf Bay in Episode 13 of Series 2.
Other tracks include Cassandra's Waltz, Harriet Jones, Prime Minister, plus the themes specially created for the Doctor and Rose."

YAY!