Friday, November 03, 2006

So yesterday, I handed in my essay plan. I couldn't find 200 or so more words to beef it up with, so I left it at 1433 words. Quality, not quantity. Not that it's particularly good but, y'know, it's better than nothing. And I worked HARD for those 1433 words. I'll probably get a fifty-something mark. I'm hoping for a fifty-comething mark, anyway. That'll do for a first assignment.

What bugged me the most, though, wasn't my pitiful lack of words - it was the way that other people I met were complaining that they had too many words. Conversations went something like this:

"Ugh, I've done nearly 2000 words and I'm only about halfway through."
"What? Which question are you doing?"
"The Appia and Craig one."
"Oh, I did that one too. I only got about 1400 words though."
"You'll probably be alright. I just need to find a way of cutting mine down."
"What have you written?"
"Well, I wrote two or three paragraphs on the definition of 'space', then I talked about 'realism', then I did all the Appia and Craig stuff, and then I talked for about 500 words about a load of bollocks."
"... Oh."

I mean, it probably would have been a good idea to talk briefly about space, and I'm ever so slightly annoyed I didn't think of that, but THREE PARAGRAPHS?! Gordon Bennett.

But anywho, it's been handed in now, and I don't have to worry about it. I probably WILL, but I don't HAVE to.

In other news, yesterday's 'squee moment' came from re-watching 'Day One' of Torchwood. BAD WOLF MUSIC WHEN CAPTAIN JACK HOLDS THE DOCTOR'S DISEMBODIED HAND!!! YAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!

*ahem*

That was fun.