Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Yesterday was a day of squee overload in the World Of Me. I shall elaborate on this in great detail.

Firstly, I received news of the Children In Need concert I'm going to on sunday. This is the Doctor Who concert, which was apparently going to have music by Murray Gold (the series composer) as well as a Q&A after the concert with Russell T Davies and David Tennant. Yesterday, I find out that it is SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT. David Tennant is HOSTING the concert. Murray Gold will be joining Russell and David for the Q&A. There will be Daleks, Cybermen, Clockwork Droids ('The Girl In The Fireplace') and Ood ('The Impossible Planet'/'The Satan Pit'). There will be special guests. There will be opportunities to get your photo taken with both a Dalek and the TARDIS. There will be a silent auction of the coolest stuff EVER for Children In Need.

I cannot express in coherent words how cool and exciting THIS REALLY IS. I shall therefore leave it to your imaginations as to what I did when I found all this out - suffice it to say, there was a LOT of bouncing.

Secondly, yesterday was mine and The Boy's one month anniversary. This was the best and weirdest thing to happen ever. Best because I've been going out with the funniest, coolest, geekiest, gingerest and frankly most awesome boy I've ever met. Weird because I just wasn't expecting it to last. I don't kno why, I'm not a pessimist or anything, far from it. Maybe it was just the realist in me wondering why someone would take an interest in me and like me for who I am, not who I pretend to be. People make a lot of masks for themselves throughout their lives, hiding behind different facades when they talk to different people. Now, I don't have to hide any more. He sees me for who I am and that's enough for both of us.

Funny how such a short period of time such as a month can change your whole perspective on life, isn't it?